- I will exalt you, O LORD,
because you have lifted me up *
and have not let my enemies triumph over me.
- O LORD my God, I cried out to you, *
and you restored me to health.
- You brought me up, O LORD, from the dead; *
you restored my life as I was going down to the grave.
- Sing to the LORD, you servants of his; *
give thanks for the remembrance of his holiness.
- For his wrath endures but the twinkling of an eye, *
his favor for a lifetime.
- Weeping may spend the night, *
but joy comes in the morning.
- While I felt secure, I said,
“I shall never be disturbed. *
You, LORD, with your favor, made me as strong as the mountains.”
- Then you hid your face, *
and I was filled with fear.
- I cried to you, O LORD; *
I pleaded with the Lord, saying,
- “What profit is there in my blood, if I go down to the Pit? *
will the dust praise you or declare your faithfulness?
- Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me; *
O LORD, be my helper.”
- You have turned my wailing into dancing; *
you have put off my sack-cloth and clothed me with joy.
- Therefore my heart sings to you without ceasing; *
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks for ever.
Something powerful about verse 5, “For his wrath endures but the twinkling of an eye, his favor for a lifetime.” It helps me to endure because it’s as if I can hear the Father say, “Carry on.”
Praise is a weapon. Can you muster up the necessary hope to praise God in spite of your circumstance?
Father I just want to thank You for being so committed to us. Thank You for walking with us through the difficulties of life. Guide us so that we can keep the right perspective. Not focusing on our circumstance but centering ourselves in you. Let us remember that You are our source and are greater than any obstacle we may encounter.
In Jesus’ name,