Least of These
Praise the LORD, O my soul! *
I will praise the LORD as long as I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
- Put not your trust in rulers, nor in any child of earth, *
for there is no help in them.
- When they breathe their last, they return to earth, *
and in that day their thoughts perish.
- Happy are they who have the God of Jacob for their help!*
whose hope is in the LORD their God;
- Who made heaven and earth, the seas, and all that is in them; *
who keeps his promise for ever;
- Who gives justice to those who are oppressed, *
and food to those who hunger.
- The LORD sets the prisoners free;
the LORD opens the eyes of the blind; *
the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down;
- The LORD loves the righteous;
the LORD cares for the stranger; *
he sustains the orphan and widow,
but frustrates the way of the wicked.
- The LORD shall reign for ever, *
your God, O Zion, throughout all generations.
Our God is a champion for the least of these. Those whom the world neglects, are they whom the Lord selects.
If God is with the orphan, the stranger and the widow, where should we be?
Lord we thank You for another day because it is another opportunity to get it right. And we know it is not by our works Oh Father but by Your goodness and mercy that we are here. We ask You to guide us to make the most of this day. Let us be a blessing to our family, our friends, coworkers, and everyone we come across today. Help us to love people we may not even like. We ask You to strengthen us and to walk in the confidence that You are good and You are for us.
In Jesus’ name,